Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Whew, it's over!

The difficult part about Christmas is that the preparation is so exhausting! The decorating, shopping, mailing, preparing, baking, organizing, cooking, eating, cleaning...it's overwhelming! Even though I might be five pounds heavier, and our pocket book five pounds lighter, it's definitely worth it!

The highlights of the Christmas 2007 season were: Alex learning so many Christmas songs on the piano. He filled our home with the sounds of the holiday and the joy music can bring. The many charities we participated in with our time or gifts. The decorating of the Gingerbread Houses, which was messy, but cute! The Holiday parties! The baking of cookies that we handed out to our neighbors. The adorable family-picture Holiday Cards. I love getting mail this time of year and proudly display all of the cards! The searching for the perfect gifts (I did a lot of shopping this year on the Internet). The Holiday programs, either at school or church. Visiting with relatives or friends that you only see once or twice a year (and sometimes realizing that once is enough)! :) The magic of Santa Claus! The overwhelming feeling of gratefulness to my Lord. The spirit of goodwill that fills the air.

As enjoyable as it all was, I'm glad it's over. I'm glad I can get back to my regular schedule. I'm glad I can finally find more time to go to the gym. I'm glad I can start writing in my blog again! Now, the reality of normal, daily activities are ahead, and surprisingly, I find that comforting.

Happy New Year and blessings to all! 2008...here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you and yours had a great Christmas! Miss ya!