Sunday, July 20, 2008

Reflection

Is blogging considered narcissism? I mean, it is ALL about ME and MY life and MY thoughts. I have stopped telling people that I have a blog... it sounds embarrassing to me like I'm trying to brag about my wonderful life and my wonderful kids and ME, ME, ME. It's like those annoying Christmas Letters that people send once a year to people they haven't seen in ages to brag about themselves. It would be refreshing to read about lives full of struggles, joy, sorrow, peace, anger, compassion, envy and triumph. A letter that tells people, "We aren't perfect, we mess up, sometimes big, we have hateful thoughts and we don't always eat healthy but sometimes we have amazing triumphs, unexplainable joy and times of pure bliss...but mostly, we are humble humans just trying to find our way." This is what I want my blog and my life story to be about.
Whether or not anyone is reading it (and it's okay if no one is), I want to look back on each entry and be reminded of my not so perfect life. Mostly, I just want to to be grateful for the little things. To not take life so seriously. To stop being so disappointed with myself when I mess up. To stop being so disappointed with others when they mess up! To just bask in His glory and remember that (quoting Beth Moore) I'm here for ten minutes...there's no time for stinkin thinkin!

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I hear you sista! Think of it this way, someday those three beautiful little boys will love reading your blog. How cool to have an on-line diary of your mom's life.