Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fall


I love Fall! It is my favorite season. One thing I love about Fall, besides the cooler weather and the turning leaves, is pumpkins. I crave pumpkin anything! Even as I am writing this, I'm sipping on pumpkin spiced coffee. Yum; it is delish. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin seeds...anything pumpkin! Another treasure is the pumpkin farm down the street that the kids and I visit ever year. The hay rides, the corn stalk maze (that we always get lost in), sipping warm, apple cider and feeding the greedy cows white wonder bread. Fall puts me in a good mood and prepares my heart for a state of gratitude. And to top if off, October, my birthday month, is the most beautiful time of year in Texas.
Fall also means new beginnings (the school year and cooler weather) but also change and preparation (the leaves turning and falling). For me, this has been a season of hearing, healing and peace. A season of standing on truths and stomping on lies. A season of growth and maturity. God is certainly preparing me for something bigger and greater than myself and I am ready to say "yes" to His calling. I don't know what that is yet but I feel Him preparing me. It's an exciting time!
As I ponder all these things, I think perhaps my true calling is just to walk in truth and pass it on. I mean, to really get free from all the junk that keeps us in bondage. To really stand on and believe what the God of the Universe spoke into our very beings as He created us in our mother's womb. That's why it's so important to know what HIS truth's are...not the world's version....but HIS word! If we don't know what He says about us, then we will believe the lies. Once we are free of these false accusations, then, and only then, can walk in humility, peace, patience, perseverance, love, joy, truth and His purposes.

I love this perspective by Lysa Terkheurst:

"A real sign of spiritual maturity is looking to God not for comfort and convenience but for purpose and perspective. Comfort and convenience lead to complacency. When trouble comes, the complacent person becomes critical of everyone, including God. On the other hand, purpose and perspective lead us to the perseverance that is evident in those living a truly devoted life. The persistent person eagerly looks to handle trials and struggles in a way that honors God and allows personal growth."

I want this perspective!! I want to daily exclaim that whatever trials come (and they WILL come), I choose to walk in Your truths, Lord.

Here's what God tells me, His beloved:
My past does not define me (it was nailed to the cross)
I am worthy (I was fearfully and wonderfully made)
You delight in me (not because of what I do or don't do but because You created me in Your image)
You have called me to Your purposes (because I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me)
You are faithful and just (You will NEVER leave me nor forsake me)
He loves me with wild abandon (You sent Your only son to die for me even when I was born a sinner)
You cover me with Your provision and protection (I was not born with a spirit of fear)
You have put Your goodness inside of me (for every good and perfect gift comes from You)
Your blood washes me white as snow (when I humble myself before You)
You are for me (All things work together for good for those who love You)

I love this season of hearing, healing and peace. I am so grateful that He cares about every small and seemingly insignificant detail of our daily lives that He stops and whispers these truths to me. I love seeing His hand at work in every aspect of my life! He is good, gracious, merciful, faithful and true. He is LOVE!

Thank you, Father, for ALL these things...and for my favorite season, Fall.