Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Experience Beauty


These past few days in Texas have been unusually beautiful. It is the kind of weather where one just wants to bask in the glorious sunshine, fill the lungs with fresh air and smile. The earth is bursting with delicate flowers from seeds planted month's ago. It's as if God is granting us a tiny glimpse of His paradise; not just on occasional Spring days, but every day, forever and ever...and ever! How gracious and merciful is He that even among the thorns, a perfect rose blooms. I know I couldn't bear life's cruel hardness without the beauty to keep me going. I want to be thankful for these simple, yet miraculous, pleasures of life. I want to be still and experience beauty. Really experience it.

I'm reminded of Romans 8:28: "All things work together for good for those who love the Lord." Even during the cruelness and unfairness of life, ALL things work together for good. I love that! Believers aren't immune to hard times, yet we have the comforting assurance that God is walking with us through the storm. He will work it ALL out for good...if not only to glorify Him, because, after all, He placed the roses among the thorns.


To friends battling cancer: The war you are facing is heavy. Don't grow weary but praise Him for what is yet to come. Put on your spiritual armour and fight knowing His blood is covering you.


To a single mom whose husband is in prison: Lean on His strength to carry you through this difficult season. Cry on His shoulder, then wipe away your tears and stand on the truth of His promises.


To all the Americans who have lost their jobs: Strip away your pride until your heart is naked before Him. Do not worry about tomorrow but cast your cares on Him. He is the Master of your finances.


To loved-one's suffering from depression: Open your weary eyes and search for Him. He is there, crying with you and washing your feet. Take His hand and walk beside the Prince of Peace....for His burden is light and His yoke is easy. Share this love with another, and your pain will be gone.


To anyone who is reading this: Experience the beauty He has graciously, lovingly and thoughtfully given you. You are loved. Bask in that knowledge.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Tyra,

I just realized everytime I read your blog, I cry! Not becasue I'm sad, but because it always strikes a chord within me, and I just wanted you to know how inspirational it is to me! My hormmones probably help with the tears, too! :) have a great week!
Love,
Lindz