Friday, May 1, 2009

If I Can Make It Here...I Can Make It Anywhere!


I just returned from the city that never sleeps, and as it turns out, neither did I. A whirlwind of a trip with my 3 traveling companions, childhood friends that I reconnected with on Face Book, has left my body feeling much older than it's 40 years. I have never been so jetlagged...hmmmmm....the swine flu, perhaps? But I digress.... Anyway, it was a trip full of laughter; especially in the wee hours of the night, which was so good for the soul (but not my bladder). If you've had children, you understand; right? It was also a trip of sadness as we comforted our friend whose father unexpectedly passed away the night we arrived in NY. It was a trip of reconnection and nostalgia and funny stories. A trip that will always hold cherished memories, inside jokes (What's that smell? It's New Jersey and Those aren't your abs!) and life-changing events. It was a chance to be young, carefree and silly again!

Yes, after 4 busy, fun-filled days and 3 sleepless nights, I can honestly say..."If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere!" Thanks, girls for inviting me! I had the time of my life. When is our next trip?

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

loved the photos, where would we be without our chicas? I'm a firm believer in the importance of connecting with women.