Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happenings

Wow...it's been awhile since I've written. What can I say? Summer is a beating. Being a person who thrives on a schedule (not to mention a slightly neurotic only-child), the spontaneity of Summer and the abundance of rowdy boys really throws off my balance. I'm comforted by the fact that I'm on the last leg of Summer bliss, and soon my normal routine will restore my equilibrium...or so I'm hoping.

As much as I like to complain about Summer, there have been many wonderful days spent enjoying being lazy and swimming with the boys and friends; Rod and I went on a 5-day, 4 night Jamaican trip, mon; and we got a lot of house projects taken care of. Not too shabby!


Oh, and Andrew lost his first tooth....all is right with the Universe.

2 comments:

Mika Ryan said...

good to hear you survived the summer, and even managed to get your island groove on. I'm thinking your going to miss your little guys once school starts.

Lindsey said...

Hey, Tyra!

Thanks for your prayers. Mom is holding up ok-she is leaving today to go be with her best friend during this tough time. John was so young-only 59, so we are all in shock! I bet you're ready for school to start! I wish you could come to my party of the 27th, but sounds like you will have fun in Boston! Talk soon!