Sunday, September 30, 2007

20 years???


My 20 year high school reunion is fast approaching. I'm amazed it's been that long...can I really be this old? What happened to the girl that could eat anything and never gain a pound? Those days are long gone, but actually, I wouldn't trade places with her. My high school memories leave me feeling sad for that girl I remember. She was unsure of herself; she was searching for love in all the wrong places (isn't that a song?); she wasn't happy. If I could take a time capsule backwards to 1985-1987, I would do it all so differently. Even though painful, I suppose that time in my life were growing pains that needed to be experienced.

So on October 13th I will relive some of those memories, and hopefully, find some good ones along the way. I will see familiar faces that were apart of that experience for me and wonder how many I will recognize. For some reason, I want to vindicate that teenage girl and show them the woman I have become. In actuality, I'm sure that's why a lot of people go to their high school reunions; not to relive the good ole days, but to prove that they survived.

Here's to the survivors! I'll see you soon.

No comments: