Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Blessed Day

My day from 9:30 - 1:45 was spent hand-addressing invitations at Church for a fundraiser/banquet for "Marriage Today", which is a Christian-based-marriage-enrichment program and TV show. The creator and host has preached at our church and was also one of the speakers at the marriage seminar we attended this summer (which, by the way, was the best thing we have done for our marriage).

Thinking that I was going there to serve God really ended up blessing me. Isn't God always like that? I met the most amazing women who had wonderful and miraculous testimonies to share. I left there with three phone numbers, e-mails, hugs and a wealth of knowledge. Since May, God has led me on a journey that only He could do. He seems to always put the right people in my path, to help guide me, encourage me and validate my beliefs and faith. In a world that's so cynical and lost, my spirit has been so thirsty for the comfort that only Jesus can fill. I'm starting to feel differently, think differently and hopefully, act differently. When I was getting impatient with my children this afternoon, clenching my teeth and about to "go off" on them, I felt this small voice inside me say, "Tyra, I am so patient with you. Can't you be patient with them?" I stopped, unclenched, and thought, "Yes, Lord, I can."

My biggest obstacle seems to be talking with non-believers. What has become so apparent to me, is so foreign to them. They think I've gone mad. Being among these women today made me realize how much I needed their encouragement and their wisdom. Some were older than me and some were younger, but they all seemed to have so much faith and trust in the Lord. God knew where my spirit needed to be.

Thursday is a new journey. I'm doing a study called, "Loved By God" with a different group of women from our church. It's a learning process that I'm so thankful God has been so patient in teaching me. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are being inspired!