Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Politics



I've decided I can no longer discuss politics. It turns me into someone I do not want or like to be. I used to think a good political debate was fun, interesting and challenging. However, the closer I get to God, the more I realize it only brings out the worst in people. Accusations start flying, tempers flare and hurtful or sarcastic things are said. Is this glorifying to God? Would he be proud of this? "No," I hear the voice inside my head say.

So, although, I still stand firm in my convictions and will vote for whomever meets those standards, I will keep it to myself...or perhaps a chosen few who I know agree with me. I will take it to God when my voice wants to be heard. After all, isn't He the only one that really counts?

3 comments:

Mika Ryan said...

It's very difficult discussing things when you feel passionate about them. Having said that debate is good and it is important that we connect with people from all walks of life. The trick is to debate without making it or taking it personal - and to also be open to others point of view.
And there also times when you just can't discuss, as it damages people you love. In those cases you just live your truth, and your life will speak for you.

Mika Ryan said...

Tag you're it! Go to my blog to see what is required.

Kammie said...

I don't feel you need to stop talking about what you feel in your heart. Please don't. I would hate to see you not share your passionate feelings; that would not be you. This is your blog and you should be open and honest. If someone does not like, then they can find another blog to read.
I love you.