Friday, February 29, 2008

China??

Since I have no privacy, my three-old asked me the other day..."Mama, where's your weinah?" I told him I was a girl and girls don't have "weinahs" but vaginas. My husband looked at me like I said a curse word. "What? It's the proper word for it. What else do you want me to call it?" I asked him. He shrugged.

A couple of days later, in the middle of bed-time stories, Aidan said, "Mama, boys have weinahs and girls have chinas, right?"

After laughing and hugging him tightly, I said, "You got it!" I decided I like his pronunciation better.

2 comments:

Dil said...

Hey "Ms T"! I really enjoyed this post! I love what comes out of kids mouths sometimes!
So, as you mentioned in your last post there are probably things left unsaid but to be honest I'll miss your responses on Mika's blogs ( yes even though they irk me sometimes!!!)
Hey, I know I'll never convince you to become a gay rights activist or Clinton lover nor will you convince me to agree with Bush or believe that everything is God's will.
That's ok though. I've read your blog and if you read mine I think you'll agree that we both only want what WE think is best for our children and the community we live.
No hard feelings.
See you at Mika's

Mika Ryan said...

Love this, don't you love that sweet view of the world that children have. Everytime I would try to discuss sex with Tyler, and use the correct terms (as adviced by experts) he would freak out.
In our house we've had to resort to calling Maggie's private place a hoo, my guys can just deal with it better.