Friday, March 7, 2008

Captivating

My mom gave me a wonderful, beautiful and touching book called "Captivating...Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul". Ahhh....isn't the title nice? It's the kind of book you want to get cozy and eat chocolate truffles with. The whole book is about women's miraculous beauty. Not just the beauty that is seen (although, we are quite stunning to look at) but the inner beauty that radiates from our spirit. After reading it, I felt so loved, so admired and so content. I was so grateful that God created me (chubby thighs and all) just the way I am! I wanted to dance and sing and celebrate my womanhood with all the joy I could muster. Just think how much God loved us to have shared His own amazing beauty with His beloved daughters...to have breathed into our very soul the essence of a captivating, indescribable beauty....WOW!

My sisters, if you are needing a little spiritual stroking, I recommend this book. It's a delightful little read written by John and Stasi Eldredge.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I think woman are much too hard on themselves....you never hear men lamenting about the size of thier thighs.