Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reflections of a Mad Housewife


I've got the summertime blues. The newness of sleeping in, swimming, water parks, camp and bbq's has worn off. I'm tired of the heat. The boys and I are soooo done with each other that even breathing the same air has become a chore! The word Mommy, especially screamed in high-pitched stereo, has began to give me a nervous twitch. I've become a sweaty, twitching, mad housewife...something I never aspired to be. It's left me feeling quite sorry for myself and terribly cranky. I'm not sure this is what I signed up for.

I know what you're thinking..."Count your blessings. It could be worse! Life is what you make of it! At least you have your health." Blah, blah, blah. Whomever thought up these sayings must not have stayed home with 3 boys in 106 degree weather for three months. I could come up with some new sayings, but I'm not sure that would be the Christian thing to do.

But, alas, hope is on the horizon...school starts in 2 weeks! It will all be perfect and peaceful and new...until it's not and reality sets in...but it's fun to dream! Happy freakin summer....

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

Very, very funny! One of your best blogs yet, and something that woman across the world can relate to. Tell it sister!