Friday, August 24, 2007

Awww..The End of Summer!

The end of summer is fast approaching....next Monday is the first day of school! This event, along with my upcoming trip to Cancun, is making me feel a little jittery inside! I feel like a kid again, anticipating an event that is new and unknown. When I ask Alex if he is excited about school starting, he shrugs and nonchalantly says, "Nah." My stomach, on the other hand, is doing cartwheels. How can he be so calm?

Reflecting on these last three month's of long, hot (and surprisingly rainy) days of summer '07 puts a smile on my face. I got my tummy tuck at the end of May, and although painful, expensive and hard on my mom, was a procedure I am grateful I got to have. June brought record-breaking rainfall for most of Texas, and I was in recovery-mode, so the kids and I did a lot of "bonding" that month. July was back to the gym and swimming time and Aidan learned to hold his breath under water. August proved to be hot and somewhat mundane, but Sea World brought a welcomed break from our day-to-day routine. September is looming around the corner with great anticipation....school, Cancun, Rod's birthday, Alex's birthday, PTA...more of life's experiences to be shared!

Goodbye, summer....

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

Shopping for new school clothes is fun, but is there anything better then a new box of crayons!