Monday, August 13, 2007

Sea World...or Bust!





My family just got back from a fun-filled and exhausting five days in San Antonio! One of the high points of our trip was visiting Sea World and feeding the dolphins! In the pictures above, my two-year-old is tempting a dolphin with his tidbit of dead fish. Realizing that the dolphin intends to eat the fish, Aidan decides to take it back during the feed...thus, a battle of tug-of-war ensues...but the dolphin wins...hence, the smile!
Sea World was amazing, and I highly recommend the shows. The food, however, was expensive and lacking in any nutritional value whatsoever. I was beginning to feel as big as Shamu since my diet consisted of mainly greasy fried foods with a side order of french fries (whether you wanted them or not). Come to think of it, I think Shamu ate better than we did. Luckily, I packed some oranges and granola bars so that my children wouldn't forget what real food tasted like. The restaurants on the River were exceptional, though, and every meal we ate in the evening was surprisingly good...sans the fries!
As I was unpacking from our trip and reflecting on the events, I think the children had a great time. One night we let the boys order ice cream for room service, which Alex was tickled about...okay, so it was $13 (with tax and tip) for three scoops of ice cream, but it's about the experience, right? Rod and I got two date nights by ourselves since my mom offered to watch the boys in the hotel room, so we had a great time. Hopefully, my mom enjoyed herself too (she said she did)! All-in-all we will have some great memories...

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I'm also a big fan of room service - grilled cheese, fries and pickles - ala Shamu!