Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Have you heard of Huckabee?

Recently at church we had a guest speaker who happens to also be running for President. I hadn't heard of him until then, but I must say, he was quite impressive. I actually got goosebumps thinking what it would be like to have a leader with such conviction, values and new ideas. A politician that could be respected...could that actually happen? He wasn't there to talk politics or even promote his campaign (well...maybe just a little...) but to preach. And he was good.
Unfortunately, I don't see Mike Huckabee in America's future, and that makes me sad. My fear is that we are going to have another Clinton...God, help us! Hopefully, I haven't completely turned into my mother (sorry, mom), but if Hillary wins, I might just have to stop watching television. Perhaps I'll become an info-mercial junkie instead of a Fox News viewer. I won't know anything about what's going on in the world except how to make salsa in my new hand-held blender that turns into a vacuum cleaner...or perhaps I'll decide to watch a new reality t.v. show about a 40-something Scott Baio finding his true love (gag).
My reaction to watching Hillary makes me want to turn into my 5 year old, Andrew; put my hands over my ears, close my eyes and scream over and over..."I can't hear you. I'm not listening to you." Not only do I not agree with her politics, but I don't think she is a person of substance, moral-character or value. She just rubs me the wrong way, like a bad itch that won't go away.
Even though I voted for Bush, I don't think he's been the greatest President. I'm a fan of his moral-character and convictions, and truly believe he is a man of God. However, I must admit, that he too has made me cringe watching him blunder his way through media interviews. It's definitely time for a change. Even though I would prefer a Republican in office, I pray God's favor over America's soil...because we certainly need it!

3 comments:

Mika Ryan said...

I have to confess, I adored Clinton and agree with historians who say he will be considered one of the top three presidents - just based on what he accomplished. Bush, to me a very bad person and president. I'm not even going to talk about him, as my family has decided I'm not allowed to talk about him in public. We seem to be on two sides of the fence, but that's cool! Doesn't matter who you vote for, I love you and will always have your back.

Tyra said...

Clinton got extremely lucky...however, his major downfall was his lack of self-control and giving Hillary too much power. Thankfully, Monica wasn't a spy or we'd been in serious trouble.
Thanks for the love...I love you too. I realize that we have very different political and religious beliefs...I have some really good friends who are liberal too...we can all agree to disagree!

Kammie said...

I have heard him and I agree with you. You know that I support Bush and I can't stand Clinton.