Saturday, July 14, 2007

Well, where do I begin? Blogging...ummm...what a concept. It led me to think, perhaps I should join the 21st century. The only problem is, my life isn't very exciting, but it is filled with children....and the occasional cast of characters that would make for a good/bad reality t.v. show. I might have to speak in code, though, to protect the innocent....:)

Today's adventure began with my dependable alarm clock, my oldest son, Alex. Every morning he wakes me up with a startling jolt of hyper-activeness that only a 6 year old can muster. He's my early bird. No matter what time he goes to bed, he's up between 6:30 - 7:00 am. Since I'm a night-owl, our mother/son conflict has already reared it's ugly face. Thank goodness he's cute or else I might just pull the covers over my head and moan...and believe me, some days I do.

He's already asking me questions that my still sleep-deprived brain can't quite comprehend..."Huh? What day is it? Where's my breakfast? Can I watch t.v.? Can I play a video game?" I quickly mumble "yes" to all of these questions and then "no"...both seem appropriate at the time. I keep my eyes tightly shut in hopes he's just a part of my dream.

"Mommy...wake up! I'm hungry!" He whines, shaking and poking me...and thus, the start of my day! Ahhh....but I'm thankful.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

Already love your blog. And I must say - you can write! Very funny - but more important - you are speaking a universal language. I imagine woman all over the world reading it and shouting "amen sister!"