Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Please don't strike, Hurricane Dean!


Since March, I have been planning a trip to Playa Del Carmen (30 minutes from Cancun, Mexico) for Rod's 40th birthday, but Mother Nature may put a damper on my plans. Yes, Hurricane Dean has hit the Gulf of Mexico. From what I have read, the most damage has been to the Yucatan Peninsula and the major resorts in and around Cancun haven't been too affected by Dean's wrath.
Although this is good news, I am still somewhat anxious. You see, I stay home with 3 boys. It has been a long summer. I am desperately needing some R&R on a tropical, 4-star, all-adult resort where my major dilemma of the day is..."What bathing suit should I wear?" I have been dreaming of lying on the beach, drinking froo-froo cocktails, reading a titillating romance novel and basking in my slothfulness. Not to sound too narcissistic, but doesn't "Dean" realize what he's doing to me? I know, I know, lives have been lost, homes have been damaged, businesses are closed...it's all quite tragic. However, I'm not sure "Dean" has ever stayed at home ALL summer with three hyper-active, bored boys whose greatest past time is to torment their mother. Surely, "Dean" is a man (disguised as a hurricane) who has no idea what a stay-at-home mom goes through...if he did, he would have stayed in the Caribbean.
To my fellow vacationers, Pat, Van, Mette, Allen, and of course, Rod...all I can say is...PRAY! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?? you're bringing more than one bathing suite....i gotta go shopping!

Mika Ryan said...

And you said Tom was the funny one - this one made me laugh out loud!