Sunday, April 27, 2008

Clean Hands!

Aidan, my 3- year old, is obsessed with washing his hands. I'm not sure if it's classified as OCD, but it has become a little obsession. He will spend several minutes lathering and lathering the soap into a bubble Mecca, and when I recommend rinsing, he freaks out like I've committed some carnal sin of hand washing. It's a little disconcerting. We were at my in-laws a couple of weeks ago, and I announced to my boys to go wash up before dinner. Of course, Aidan was still in there as we were all sitting down to eat since his hand washing episodes take several minutes longer than the average person. My mother-in-law, concerned with whether or not his food would get cold, asked if we should wait for him and I explained our daily dilemma of unusual hand washing behavior. I said, "He even sometimes washes his forearms." Andrew, my 5-year old declared, "He doesn't have 4 arms, only two, Mommy!" We all had a good laugh and Aidan finally joined us, germs fully killed by the Goddess of Soap and Lather! I blame his father.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

Oh my goodness, Tom could totally relate. Tom is our resident germaphobe, always reminding Tyler and I to wash our hands.
Think of all the toys you've bought - did any of them give him that much enjoyment? Lifes simple pleasures.