Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A New Season

Last Fall I joined a women's bible study group through my church and, I must admit, at first I wasn't really "clicking" with most of the women. I felt too worldly, like perhaps I had too much baggage, and just wasn't on their level Spiritually. Due to my own insecurities, I felt somewhat judged. Since women can be such critical, petty and jealous beings, it takes me awhile to let my guard down. Then something amazing happened. Slowly, I began to allow these women into my heart. I began to realize how much their love for God and doing His will had nothing to do with me and everything to do with Him. I started to feel at home in their presence and welcomed in their hearts. The leader told me the other day how much she loved me and what a blessing I was to the group. Me? A person with too much baggage and not enough grace a blessing? No, it's not me, I realize now, it's Him.

Just like God changes the seasons on our planet, so does he change the seasons of our lives. Adding and taking away friendships, jobs, success and failures, peace and sorrow. It's all apart of His divine plan. To finally be able to lay it all at His feet and humbly admit that we are NOTHING without His mercy, grace and love. To be able to not only praise Him during the quiet and peaceful times, but praise Him through the storm. To stand still and bask in His Glory! To know that He alone is God.

Beth Moore says she can't wait to meet the ultimate Drama King, Our Lord...for He must really like a good drama...just look at the creatures He created. I'm so thankful God has His divine eye on me and praise Him during this peaceful and spiritually growing season. I'm on the edge of my seat, anxiously awaiting the next season....get a bowl of popcorn and join me for the drama, won't you? It's going to be a wild ride.

No comments: