Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Dream

I never dream anymore but for two nights my dreams were vivid, detailed and somewhat disturbing. As I enjoyed my morning coffee, I tried to analyze what it all meant. Perhaps doing a study on the book of Daniel, which is very prophetic and full of dreams and visions, was starting to rub into my self-conscious. I was sharing my dreams with my family over our breakfast and my 7 year old was listening intently. The second dream went like this:

I was sitting outside at a banquet table full of people. Two of them were my relatives (I will not name) and one was a relative of a friend. Sometimes my mom was there, and sometimes she was not. The other people I did not know, but it was jovial and relaxing. A net screen was hung over the arbor and it was right at dusk; a few candles were lit on the table and a faint breeze was stirring the air. Dark-skinned little girls dressed in white with no shoes on were serving us bread, cheese and drinks. A white man approached the table, eloquently dressed and extremely hospitable. I knew who he was, but he did not know me. I somehow realized that I was in South Africa. I then asked our host about the little girls and he said they were orphans that he adopted and they helped with the restaurant. In the distance I could see one of the girls killing a pig and roasting it over a BBQ pit; another was chopping off the head of a chicken. Our food was being killed and then cooked before our eyes! All of a sudden, someone yelled to me to watch out. I ducked my head and felt a hard object hit my shoulder and then warm liquid poured onto the left side of my body. When I looked down at my hands, they were filled with blood. Blood was dripping from my hair and eyelashes. This was all happening in slow motion, and it was like I was observing what was happening to me from above. I looked to see what had hit me and it was the head of a goat that one of the girls killed. Apparently, I was the only one at the table who got hit by the animal and the only one that got covered with blood.

After I finished telling my dream, Alex (my 7 year old) says he thinks he knows what it means. "Mom, you are the only Christian at the table; that is why you got covered with the blood, because there is power in the blood." The ironic thing is I was thinking the same thing....and the people who were at the table are not believers and have been on my mind and prayers lately. WOW! I'm continually amazed at the depth of Alex's thinking. God is going to use him miraculously! I am blessed to be his mother.

No comments: