Friday, September 12, 2008

Don't Worry...Be Happy!

Life is weird. In my beautiful neighborhood I've got the liberal-loving Obamas across the street from me and the Baptist-conservatives to the right of me, and the moderate-Catholics to the left of me. I ran into my Baptist conservative neighbor this morning who was saying if Obama wins, she'll just give up hope. We talked awhile about politics, Palin, God, etc...we stand for basically the same things so it was a "rah-rah" session, but afterwards, I thought..."This isn't right. We are getting ourselves worked up when we aren't even in control!"

As I was on my knees today before the Lord I just proclaimed, "You are STILL on the throne. You are Sovereign. No matter what happens, You are my king. It doesn't matter who wins; what matters is that I am on Your side! I will follow You know matter what...so it just doesn't matter." It feels so free to let go of the world's problems and lay it at His feet. I am so thankful God passionately pursued me. I hope whomever reads this knows, He is passionately pursuing them too.

3 comments:

Dil said...

Don't relinquish your control in the right to VOTE!!! WE DO have some control thank Gods and we as women haven't had the right to vote for all that long long!!!
Check out my blog for a little mention of your name!!! ( now that I know you're looking for it!!) :)
Take care!
Dil

Tyra said...

Oh...I would NEVER not vote! I'm WAY to involved in politics to not let my voice be heard! Saying that God is Sovereign means that no matter what direction God has in mind of the US to go, I know he's got my back...so to speak. That's what it means to me. It doesn't mean we lay down and do nothing or that our prayers or choices don't matter...because they do!

Mika Ryan said...

I've been thinking, how could two cousins be so far apart on the issues? You're far to the right, I'm far to the left...perhaps the connection is we do nothing half way? Love you cousin!