Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Bitter Taste

This election year has had me up in arms. With the arrival of Sarah Palin, as well as her unfair and hateful treatment by the media, I feel I'm on a battle field. Not to mention the fact that I'm having construction done in my house, and with all the dust and debris, I'm physically getting ill. I have had a headache everyday for a week, I'm coughing, and I have no bed to sleep in. The combination has left me feeling very drained and tired.

Tonight is another presidential debate, and although I will watch it, there are some things I won't be doing. I've decided certain blogs, websites and television viewing are over for me. I just can't take the vileness in which they express their opinions. It leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a hatred in my heart. This is certainly not what a servant of Jesus is supposed to feel or even think. There is a reason why the bible tells us over and over again to guard our hearts. It's not because we are supposed to keep ourselves uninformed, but to keep ourselves from developing a sense of cynicism that only comes from being too worldly. Jesus says you can't love the world and love me too. I choose Him.

Goodbye and good riddance. Prayers and blessings. Have a wonderful life.

No comments: