Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm In Love With Fall

My favorite season has blessed us with her presence....Fall! After many long hot days of sweltering heat, the cool, brisk air has finally settled on our land. I love being outdoors this time of year where I can actually fill my lungs with crisp, cool, fresh air. The month of October, to me, symbolizes the beginning of subtle changes: Change in the weather/climate, change in the wardrobe, change in my age (it's my birthday month) and change of my frame of mind. I feel more upbeat; more energized; more content.

The Northerners living here complain of lack of seasons, but I like the subtle differences Fall gives Texas. One morning I wake up with the covers under my chin and a couple of little boys snuggled against me because they woke up cold. "Oh," I think to myself, "It's time to pull out the jackets." The sun is still brilliantly shining but the crispness in the air is subtle...I can still wear my Capri pants and sandals but perhaps tug on a long sleeved shirt and carry a light jacket, just in case. This is the perfect weather for me.

So here's a toast to Texas Fall! I love you...I'm grateful for your presence and a little sad when you leave...but I will enjoy you immensely while you are here!

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I'm also a big fan of fall, harvest time. I like to go for rides in the country, stopping at fruit stands along the way.

Happy early birthday!

xo,

M